- 1 Where is Louie lake in Idaho?
- 2 How long is the Louie Lake Hike?
- 3 Where is Hunt Lake Idaho?
- 4 What mountain range is McCall Idaho in?
- 5 How do you get to Loon Lake Idaho?
- 6 Where can I hike in McCall?
- 7 How do you get to Trail Creek Hot Springs?
- 8 What county is Twin Lakes ID in?
- 9 How long is Hunt Lake Trail?
- 10 What is the coldest month in Idaho?
- 11 Are the Cascade Mountains in Idaho?
- 12 Are there mosquitoes in McCall Idaho?
Where is Louie lake in Idaho?
Louie Lake Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near McCall, Idaho that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and ohv/off road driving and is best used from May until November.
How long is the Louie Lake Hike?
Louie Lake & Jughandle Mountain (Moderate) The trail in to the lake is 2 miles long, and is a steady uphill hike. To make a loop, continue onto the Jughandle trail over to Boulder Lake. The loop is 6.8 miles long and passes 3 lakes: Louie, Boulder and Boulder Reservoir.
Where is Hunt Lake Idaho?
Hunt Lake is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sandpoint, Idaho that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate.
What mountain range is McCall Idaho in?
The West Mountains are a beautiful range located in one of the most senic portions of western Idaho. It forms the western boundary of Long Valley where the towns of Cascade, Donnelly, and McCall, Idaho are located.
How do you get to Loon Lake Idaho?
Getting there: Go north on Warren Wagon Road from Idaho 55 in McCall, following the west shore of Payette Lake. The paved road changes to gravel after 28 miles. Continue another 6.5 miles, toward Secesh, and turn right at the sign for Chinook Campground.
Where can I hike in McCall?
The Best Hikes in McCall, Idaho
- Goose Creek Falls | Easy. 3.1 miles | elev. gain 685 ft | est. 1h 40m.
- Snowslide Lake | Moderate. 3.5 miles | elev. gain 1,328 ft | est. 2h 18m.
- Hard Creek Falls | Challenging. 6.9 miles | elev. gain 833 ft | est. 3h 20m.
- Box Lake | Hard. 7.1 miles | elev. gain 2,247 ft | est. 4h 30m.
How do you get to Trail Creek Hot Springs?
To get to the pools from McCall, you’ll drive south on Highway 55 to Warm Lake Road just north of Cascade. Here, you’ll turn left onto the road and travel approximately 20 miles. A large parking area can be found on the south side of the road. The accessibility of Trail Creek Hot Springs is one of its greatest traits.
What county is Twin Lakes ID in?
Twin Lakes Reservoir in Franklin County is 436.9 acres. Twin Lakes near Preston Provides a strong fishery even in times of drought in southeastern Idaho.
How long is Hunt Lake Trail?
Hunt Lake is a 12.6 km (return) trail that leads north to Indian Bay to a picnic shelter and returns along the same trail. Allow at least 3 hours to reach the trails end. Steep, difficult climbs along the trail reward the hiker with spectacular views.
What is the coldest month in Idaho?
Boise’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 23.6°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 89.2°F.
Are the Cascade Mountains in Idaho?
The small town of Cascade is nestled in the mountains of central Idaho approximately 75 miles north of Boise on Idaho State Highway 55. The Cascade District is also a great jumping off point for the western portions of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness.
Are there mosquitoes in McCall Idaho?
There are mosquitos in both towns. The Wood river ambles through Ketchum and is skeetery. McCAll is lakeside.