- 1 What fish are in Castle Rock?
- 2 Is Castle Rock Lake a good lake?
- 3 Is Castle Rock Lake good fishing?
- 4 Can you swim in Castle Rock Lake Wisconsin?
- 5 How Clean Is Castle Rock Lake?
- 6 Is Castle Rock Lake man made?
- 7 Can you boat from Castle Rock to petenwell Lake?
- 8 Where is Afterglow Lake in Wisconsin?
- 9 When was Castle Rock Lake made?
- 10 Where can I fish in Castle Rock?
- 11 How big is petenwell?
- 12 What county is Green lake?
What fish are in Castle Rock?
Castle Rock Lake is a 13955 acre lake located in Juneau, Adams Counties. It has a maximum depth of 35 feet. Visitors have access to the lake from public boat landings, public beaches. Fish include Musky, Panfish, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Walleye, Sturgeon and Catfish.
Is Castle Rock Lake a good lake?
“It is a beautiful lake, but the increase in wave runners and powerful, large boats is sure adding to the noise, and detracting from good fishing.”
Is Castle Rock Lake good fishing?
The structure created from the river beds makes Castle Rock Lake a very productive and consistent fishing lake. While walleyes, white bass, and crappies are the most abundant, many northern pike, large mouth bass, small mouth bass and panfish are taken also.
Can you swim in Castle Rock Lake Wisconsin?
This 160-acre park is located on the shores of Castle Rock Lake and provides swimming and picnicking facilities, including shelters and grills, bathhouse, showers and restrooms, boat access and cross-country skiing and hiking trails.
How Clean Is Castle Rock Lake?
The waters of Castle Rock Lake were relatively calm Thursday – and also pretty clean for a day in early August. “There are some days you can come out here and the water is solid green – just nasty,” Juneau County resident Kevin Erickson said from the helm of his 18-foot inboard boat.
Is Castle Rock Lake man made?
Castle Rock Lake is a man-made drainage lake located in central Wisconsin, in Adams County and Juneau County. It has a surface area of 16,640 acres (67.3 km2) and its depth varies from 8–20 ft (2.4–6.1 m) in most places, with area in the old river beds reaching as deep as 35 ft (11 m).
Can you boat from Castle Rock to petenwell Lake?
Castle Rock Lake is the 4th largest with 13,600 acres. Petenwell Lake is the 2nd largest with 23,000 acres. Both are part of the WI River chain of lakes, with Petenwell just north of Castle Rock. As there is a working dam between the 2 lakes, you must trailer your boat to travel from one to the other.
Where is Afterglow Lake in Wisconsin?
Afterglow Lake is a 32 acre lake located in Vilas County. It has a maximum depth of 40 feet.
When was Castle Rock Lake made?
Origins. The Castle Rock Flowage consists of 16,640 acres and is the fourth largest inland body of water in Wisconsin. It was built in the late 1940s for hydroelectric generation and flood control.
Where can I fish in Castle Rock?
Fishing Spots Near Castle Rock CO
- Redstone Park. Highlands Ranch, CO.
- Chatfield State Park. Littleton, CO.
- Cherry Creek State Park. Aurora, CO.
- Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain. Cascade, CO.
- Barr Lake State Park. Brighton, CO.
- Eldorado Canyon. Eldorado Springs, CO.
- Golden Gate Canyon State Park. Golden, CO.
- Frederick Recreation Area.
How big is petenwell?
What county is Green lake?
Lake Redstone is in La Valle in northern Sauk County of Wisconsin, United States. Lake Redstone is a reservoir. Construction of the lake was started in 1964. The lake’s surface area is approximately 650 acres (2.6 km2), with over 17 miles (27 km) of shoreline and 4½ miles long.