- 1 Where is Chimney Rock Lake located?
- 2 What towns are near Lake Lure North Carolina?
- 3 What mountain range is Chimney Rock in?
- 4 How much is admission to Chimney Rock?
- 5 Has anyone died at Chimney Rock?
- 6 Do you have to pay to get into Chimney Rock?
- 7 What’s the closest town to Chimney Rock?
- 8 Can you drive up to Chimney Rock?
- 9 What is close to Chimney Rock?
- 10 Is Chimney Rock in the mountains?
- 11 Is there an elevator at Chimney Rock?
- 12 How many miles is Chimney Rock hike?
- 13 Is Chimney Rock open in the rain?
- 14 What can you bring to Chimney Rock?
- 15 Is Chimney Rock open to the public?
Where is Chimney Rock Lake located?
Chimney Rock, the 535-million-year-old monolith for which the Park is named, is considered one of the most iconic sites in North Carolina. From its top, you’ll soak in the 75-mile panoramic views of Hickory Nut Gorge and Lake Lure.
What towns are near Lake Lure North Carolina?
Welcome to the small towns of Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, Rutherfordton, Spindale, Forest City, Ellenboro, and Bostic. What makes these small towns so unique? Each town has something different to offer, and they are close enough to each other that you can explore them all in a weekend!
What mountain range is Chimney Rock in?
It is located on the eastern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in southwestern North Carolina, situated within a band of mountains and foothills, known geologically as the Inner Piedmont Belt. The park is 25 miles southeast of Asheville, North Carolina.
How much is admission to Chimney Rock?
The cost for a single day ticket is $17 per adult and $8 per youth (ages 5-15). Children under 5 are free. However, for less than the cost of two days of admission, consider purchasing an annual pass that gets you into the Park for a whole year and also gives you discounts to other local attractions.
Has anyone died at Chimney Rock?
In 2008, a 2-year-old boy broke free of his mother’s hand and fell more than 100 feet to his death from a cliff at Chimney Rock State Park. Four of the people who died over the past decade fell from waterfalls at South Mountains and Stone Mountain.
Do you have to pay to get into Chimney Rock?
Admission is charged at the principal Chimney Rock Access, though the nearby Rumbling Bald Climbing Access is admission-free and offers one of the park’s six trails. Other access areas into the park—now encompassing more than 5,700 acres—are to be developed.
What’s the closest town to Chimney Rock?
Cities near Chimney Rock, North Carolina:
- Hendersonville, NC.
- Asheville, NC.
- Greer, SC.
- Taylors, SC.
- Wade Hampton, SC.
- Morganton, NC.
- Spartanburg, SC.
- Berea, SC.
Can you drive up to Chimney Rock?
Top of the Rock: To reach the top of Chimney Rock, drive up a three-mile winding road to a large parking area. Then climb 500 steps to the chimney or ride the elevator and climb a short staircase to the top. On a clear day, enjoy 75-mile views overlooking Lake Lure and the Hickory Nut Gorge.
What is close to Chimney Rock?
Things to Do near Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
- Hickory Nut Falls Trail. #2 of 8 things to do in Chimney Rock.
- Chimney Rock Gemstone Mine.
- Lake Lure Flowering Bridge.
- Chimney Rock Adventure Golf.
- Lake Lure Tours.
- Rocky Broad Riverwalk.
- Bubba O’Leary’s General Store.
- Canopy Ridge Farm.
Is Chimney Rock in the mountains?
Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park represents the best of the North Carolina mountains in one place. From atop Chimney Rock, an ancient monolith soaring 1,200ft above the valley floor, guests can see more than 75 miles across Lake Lure, the Blue Ridge Mountains and Carolina Piedmont.
Is there an elevator at Chimney Rock?
After a long and slow recovery process, Chimney Rock’s elevator is once again fully operational and available for public use. In August, 2015, Chimney Rock State Park launched a capital campaign in response to a significant malfunction in the elevator.
How many miles is Chimney Rock hike?
This semi-strenuous trail begins and ends at the East Corner of the paved parking area by the Visitor Center. The hike is 3.9 miles round trip and provides stunning views of the mountains from the top of Chimney Rock.
Is Chimney Rock open in the rain?
Neat Place, Even In The Rain.
What can you bring to Chimney Rock?
– Wear good shoes – preferably hiking boots or sturdy sneakers. – In warmer weather, consider a hat and well-ventilated clothing. Also, you never know when the weather will change in the mountains, so a light rain jacket or poncho is a good idea too.
Is Chimney Rock open to the public?
– The Chimney Rock section of the Park will be open daily, weather permitting. The Ticket Plaza’s hours are from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Guests can stay until 7pm. -If the top parking lot is full, we will direct guests to park in the Meadows.