- 1 What parish is Lake Providence Louisiana?
- 2 Is Lake Providence a man made lake?
- 3 How far is Baton Rouge from Lake Providence?
- 4 Are there alligators in Lake Providence Louisiana?
- 5 Who passed away in Lake Providence Louisiana?
- 6 Can you swim in Lake Providence?
- 7 What is the zip code for Lake Providence Louisiana?
What parish is Lake Providence Louisiana?
Lake Providence is the seat of East Carroll Parish, one of the least populated parishes in Louisiana. It’s the northeasternmost city in the state, located where Louisiana, Mississippi and Arkansas meet.
Is Lake Providence a man made lake?
It later was renamed as Lake Providence when the town was moved to its current location surrounding a natural oxbow lake.
How far is Baton Rouge from Lake Providence?
Distance from Lake Providence, LA to Baton Rouge, LA There are 162.10 miles from Lake Providence to Baton Rouge in south direction and 207 miles (333.13 kilometers) by car, following the US-61 S route.
Are there alligators in Lake Providence Louisiana?
Sometimes, alligators look for love in distant places. The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, called to a nuisance alligator complaint in Lake Providence, La., on April 11, found some tags located on the alligator’s tail and on its hind feet.
Who passed away in Lake Providence Louisiana?
Browse Obituaries and Death Records in Lake Providence, Louisiana
- Leonard Kennedy, 94 – Apr 16, 2020.
- Eloise McKenzie, 91 – Mar 13, 2020.
- Joseph Titone, 90 – Feb 16, 2020.
- Debra Hicks, 63 – Feb 3, 2020.
- James R.
- Ernest Floyd Lovell, 76 – Jan 27, 2020.
- George McElhaney, 74 – Jan 5, 2020.
- Norman Chappell, 61 – Jan 1, 2020.
Can you swim in Lake Providence?
Time Magazine once named Lake Providence “The Poorest Place In America,” reporting: “ The town has no public parks or swimming pools, no movie theaters, no shopping malls, not even a McDonald’s or a Walmart…. Just over 78% of the population is African-American and almost 20% is white.
What is the zip code for Lake Providence Louisiana?