- 1 What county is Lake Butler in?
- 2 Is Lake Butler FL safe?
- 3 Does Lake Butler have alligators?
- 4 What is there to do in Lake Butler?
- 5 Is Lake Butler man made?
- 6 Does Lake Butler flood?
- 7 Is Lake Butler spring fed?
- 8 What restaurants are in Lake Butler Florida?
- 9 Where in Florida is Lake City?
- 10 What is the zip code for Lake Butler Florida?
What county is Lake Butler in?
Lake Butler, Florida is a quiet little laid back town. The people are always friendly, unlike other places I’ve lived in Florida. It is a “prison” town and most everyone works or is related to someone who works at one of the many nearby prisons. It has southern old-town charm that makes it a great place to live.
Is Lake Butler FL safe?
Lake Butler is safer than the majority of cities, towns, and villages in America (68%) and also has a lower crime rate than 90% of the communities in Florida, according to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime data.
Does Lake Butler have alligators?
WARNING:The City has been made aware of recent alligator sightings near the swimming area in Lake Butler. As a reminder to visitors using the lake, please use caution as they can be dangerous. Alligators are native to bodies of water in Florida and should never be fed or approached, per Florida Statutes 372.667.
What is there to do in Lake Butler?
Things to do in Lake Butler
- Winter Garden Village. 3251 Daniels Road.
- Yellow Dog Eats. 1236 Hempel Avenue.
- Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve. 8777 Winter Garden Vineland Road.
- My French Cafe. 7782 Winter Garden Vineland Road.
- Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge.
- LA Fitness.
- Dexter’s Windermere.
- Dixie Cream Cafe.
Is Lake Butler man made?
Lake Butler is located in Union County and is approximately 420 acres in size. Like many Florida lakes, Lake Butler was formed by dissolution of underlying limestone with concentric elevation contours. Lakeside Park is located on the south side of the lake with pavilions, a swimming area, and a boat launch.
Does Lake Butler flood?
Lake Butler has likely experienced flooding in the past. of the flood, 54 properties in Lake Butler were impacted by Hurricane Matthew in September, 2016. Learn more about historic floods. The recreated flood model of this hurricane indicates that flood water reached approximately 54 properties in Lake Butler.
Is Lake Butler spring fed?
The totaling 5,124 acres or over 8 square miles of pristine spring fed lakes. Lake Butler is obviously the namesake of the Butler Chain. This lake is the most noticeable when viewing the area on google earth and also has the town of Windermere on its eastern shores.
What restaurants are in Lake Butler Florida?
Restaurants in Lake Butler, FL
- Butler Seafood House & Grille. RestaurantsBarbecue RestaurantsSeafood Restaurants.
- China 1. RestaurantsChinese RestaurantsAsian Restaurants.
- Simmer Down.
- Skips Delicatessen & Specialityshop.
- Noble Roman’s Pizza.
- Hungry Howie’s Pizza.
- Village Grill.
- Carters Fried Chicken.
Where in Florida is Lake City?
Lake City, in central north Florida’s Columbia County, has been the Gateway to Florida since 1832. Located between Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and Gainesville near the intersection of I-10 and I-75, Lake City and its natural beauty and outdoor activities attract visitors year-round.
What is the zip code for Lake Butler Florida?
Lake Butler (zip 32054 )’s population is 11,723 people. Since 2010, it has had a population decline of 4.8%.