- 1 Where is Lake Ray Hubbard located?
- 2 Can you swim in Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 3 How do you get to Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 4 Are there alligators in Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 5 Are there sharks in Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 6 Is Lake Ray Hubbard nice?
- 7 Why is Lake Ray Hubbard closed?
- 8 Can you hunt on Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 9 Are there snakes in Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 10 Can you live on Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 11 Can you grill at Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 12 Is it safe to eat fish from Lake Ray Hubbard?
- 13 Are there fish in Lake Ray Hubbard?
Where is Lake Ray Hubbard located?
Lake Ray Hubbard is a reservoir located near Dallas, Texas in the counties of Dallas, Kaufman, Collin, and Rockwall. It is built on the East Fork Trinity River and impounded by the Rockwall-Forney Dam.
Can you swim in Lake Ray Hubbard?
Swimming is allowed at the Lake Ray Hubbard Greenbelt area. The area is located near Garland, Texas, at 5400 Lake Hubbard Parkway. No entrance fee required to enjoy swimming with friends.
How do you get to Lake Ray Hubbard?
State Highway 66 Boat Ramp (Rockwall)
- From I-30 east of Dallas, exit north on Dalrock and go east on Hwy 66. Cross over lake; park is on the north side of the road.
- Two single-lane concrete ramps with a maximum parking capacity of 30.
- No fee required.
- Operated by City of Rockwall (972) 771-7740.
Are there alligators in Lake Ray Hubbard?
They’re just natural creatures out here in the lake swimming,” said Sims. Her dad agreed, but said they would keep their distance if they spotted one. Warner said that’s the smartest move. Alligators typically feed at night and should be afraid of humans.
Are there sharks in Lake Ray Hubbard?
Yes there are sharks in Lake Ray Hubbard …. The lake itself was named after named after the singer..”Ray Wylie Hubbard” Many people do not know this little factoid.
Is Lake Ray Hubbard nice?
Area surrounding the lake is nice with restaurants and shopping options. Boating and leisure activities make this a great in-town area.
Why is Lake Ray Hubbard closed?
Rockwall city leaders have closed the state Highway 66 boat ramp at Lake Ray Hubbard because of low water levels. The extended drought and extreme heat is affecting a very popular Lake Ray Hubbard boat ramp in Rockwall. City leaders closed the state Highway 66 boat ramp because of low water levels.
Can you hunt on Lake Ray Hubbard?
You can ‘t hunt ducks on Lake Ray Hubbard anymore.
Are there snakes in Lake Ray Hubbard?
Yet Lake Ray Hubbard is regarded as a swell recreational depot with lots of good fishing (bass, catfish, crappie) and sailing, though there are no camping areas, beaches or swimming. “It is an extremely dangerous lake and full of snakes.
Can you live on Lake Ray Hubbard?
From waterfront and lakeview homes, nothing compares to Lake Ray Hubbard! Lake Ray Hubbard has grown to become one of the most popular destinations for waterfront lake living in the DFW area. If you have not come to check out our area, now is the time to see what there is to offer.
Can you grill at Lake Ray Hubbard?
This park offers a wide variety of day-use activities. There is a very nice volleyball court, plenty of picnic tables, walking trail along the lake, and paddle boat rentals. Amenities: Barbecue Grills.
Is it safe to eat fish from Lake Ray Hubbard?
Ray Hubbard is a source of drinking water for much of the Dallas area. The fish are safe to eat.
Are there fish in Lake Ray Hubbard?
Lake Ray Hubbard is a very special fishery. Located in Dallas Texas, this fishery offers metropolitan anglers a wide variety of species. A quality Crappie, White Bass, Hybrid Striper, and Black Bass fishery.