- 1 Can you swim at Lake Alan Henry?
- 2 How much does it cost to get into Lake Alan Henry?
- 3 How do I get to Lake Alan Henry?
- 4 Do you have to pay at Lake Alan Henry?
- 5 Are there beaches at Lake Alan Henry?
- 6 What kind of fish are in lake Alan Henry?
- 7 How full is lake Alan Henry?
- 8 What lake is near post TX?
- 9 Is Colorado City Lake open?
- 10 What county is Granger Lake in?
- 11 Does lake Alan Henry have showers?
- 12 What city is Lake Limestone in?
- 13 Where is Lake Amistad?
Can you swim at Lake Alan Henry?
For your own safety, no jumping or diving into the lake from the shoreline is allowed. Absolutely no swimming, jumping, or diving is allowed from the boat dock or fishing pier.
How much does it cost to get into Lake Alan Henry?
A park entrance fee is charged per day — $6 per person (Monday-Friday) or $8 per person (Friday-Sunday). Day use fees are lower for Lubbock residents. Annual passes are available.
How do I get to Lake Alan Henry?
Sam Wahl Recreation Area
- From intersection of US 84 and FM 2458, travel east 4 miles on 2458. Continue straight onto FM 3519 and follow it 3 miles to the lake entrance at Sam Wahl Recreation Area.
- Four-lane boat ramp with parking for 100.
- Boat ramp fee required.
- Operated by City of Lubbock (806) 629-4259.
Do you have to pay at Lake Alan Henry?
Currently the area offers boating, fishing and primitive camping by fee permit, and is open to the public twenty-four hours per day. The fisheries is rated among the top five in the State of Texas.
Are there beaches at Lake Alan Henry?
The lake does not have any swim beaches and very little access to any shoreline other than the boat launch.
What kind of fish are in lake Alan Henry?
Predominant Fish Species
- Largemouth bass.
- Spotted bass.
- Channel & flathead catfish.
- White crappie.
How full is lake Alan Henry?
The lake when operating at full operational level (elevation 2220 feet above mean sea level), will: Cover 2,888 Acres.
What lake is near post TX?
Two Draw Lake is a small lake just north of Post in west central Garza County (at 33°13′ N, 101°22′ W).
Is Colorado City Lake open?
Open daily, 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
What county is Granger Lake in?
Granger Lake is a United States Army Corps of Engineers reservoir on the San Gabriel River in central Texas in the United States. The lake is located near the towns of Granger, Texas and Taylor, Texas in Williamson County.
Does lake Alan Henry have showers?
Rest Rooms and Showers are located on the South West side of the parking lot. Camping is allowed for no more than six (6) consecutive nights within a 30-day consecutive period. A potable water hose bib is located on the North West corner of the parking lot.
What city is Lake Limestone in?
Lake Limestone is a 13,680 acres (55.4 km2) reservoir near Thornton, Texas . It lies 15 miles (24 km) southeast of Groesbeck, Texas on Texas FM 3371 in Leon, Robertson and Limestone Counties. The lake’s water is slightly alkaline, moderately clear, with a maximum of 42 feet (13 m) deep.
Where is Lake Amistad?
Lake Amistad is a big, beautiful, clear lake on the US border with Mexico, located about 10 miles northwest of Del Rio, Texas. The lake has about 850 miles of shoreline, with a surface area – depending on lake level – of about 65,000 acres.