- 1 What is near Havasu?
- 2 Is Lake Havasu worth visiting?
- 3 What animals are in Havasu lake?
- 4 What major city is Lake Havasu near?
- 5 What can we do at Lake Havasu?
- 6 What is the prettiest city in Arizona?
- 7 Is Lake Havasu expensive?
- 8 How safe is Lake Havasu?
- 9 Are there sharks in Lake Havasu?
- 10 Are there snakes in Lake Havasu?
- 11 Can you swim in Lake Havasu?
- 12 What is the nearest city to Lake Havasu?
- 13 What town is Lake Havasu near?
- 14 What are the closest cities to Lake Havasu?
What is near Havasu?
Top Attractions in Lake Havasu City
- Lake Havasu. 754. Bodies of Water.
- London Bridge. 1,778.
- Rotary Community Park. 218.
- Sara Park. 191.
- Lake Havasu State Park. 274.
- Lake Havasu City Visitor Center. 263.
- Lake Havasu Lighthouses. Points of Interest & Landmarks • Lighthouses.
- Cattail Cove State Park. Marinas • State Parks.
Is Lake Havasu worth visiting?
Lake Havasu City This western Arizona city is most known for two things: London Bridge and retirees. The former makes it worth a visit, what with the (admittedly struggling) English Village at its base. The retirees are pleasant as well, but those are available locally. Fun fact: The London Bridge is a façade.
What animals are in Havasu lake?
Species. Animal species that inhabit this refuge include peregrine falcon, coyote, fox, desert bighorn sheep, greater roadrunner, bobcat, and cougar. Thousands of bats emerge from historic mines and razorback suckers swim in the back of Beal Lake.
What major city is Lake Havasu near?
Lake Havasu is well known for its recreational fishing and boating, which bring in around 750,000 visitors a year. Fishing tournaments are often held on the lake, where bass are the main catch.
What can we do at Lake Havasu?
18 Best Things to Do in Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- London Bridge Beach. © Courtesy of paulbriden – Fotolia.com.
- Desert Bar. © Desert Bar.
- Lake Havasu Museum of History.
- Lake Havasu State Park.
- Desert Diamond Distillery Factory Tour.
- Grand Island Disc Golf Course.
- Havasu Sunseekers Charter.
- Mudshark Brewery.
What is the prettiest city in Arizona?
Tiny Bisbee stands tall on list of the nation’s prettiest cities. Those who believe Sedona is Arizona’s prettiest town, raise your hands.
Is Lake Havasu expensive?
Cost of Living in Lake Havasu City, Arizona by Expense Category. Lake Havasu City’s housing expenses are 9% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 1% lower than the national average. Lake Havasu City has grocery prices that are 4% lower than the national average.
How safe is Lake Havasu?
Lake Havasu City has an overall crime rate of 14 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Lake Havasu City is 1 in 73.
Are there sharks in Lake Havasu?
No, despite what this photo looks like, there are no giant sharks in Lake Havasu. The toothy contraption above is called a “Seabreacher” and was one of several devices demonstrated at this weekend’s exposition at the International Jet Sports Boating Association World Finals.
Are there snakes in Lake Havasu?
A boater photographed what Mocarski confirmed to be a rattlesnake swimming in Lake Havasu. Mocarski said that although the site is uncommon, the reptiles could still strike and bite while in the water. (They are) not necessarily trying to get after you, but just looking at getting of the water. It’s not real common.
Can you swim in Lake Havasu?
Lake Havasu Swimming and Beaches Lake Havasu State Park has a large designated swimming area located at the day use beach covered with beautiful white sand, but swimming is allowed along the shoreline. Safety is always our biggest concern, so before you head into the water, here are some tips to help keep you safe.
What is the nearest city to Lake Havasu?
Major cities near Lake Havasu City, AZ
- 125 miles to Las Vegas, NV.
- 138 miles to Glendale, AZ.
- 142 miles to Mexicali, Mexico.
- 147 miles to Phoenix, AZ.
- 153 miles to Scottsdale, AZ.
- 160 miles to Mesa, AZ.
- 163 miles to Chandler, AZ.
- 171 miles to San Bernardino, CA.
What town is Lake Havasu near?
The distance from Lake Havasu City to the nearest city Bullhead City is 65.5 miles or 105.4 kilometers away. The nearest town Desert Hills is 6.7 miles or 10.8 kilometers away. 5 major cities are near Lake Havasu City; Glendale being the closest is 191.6 miles or 308.4 kilometers away.
What are the closest cities to Lake Havasu?
Closest city Lake Havasu City, AZ; Kingman, AZ; Needles, CA; Topock, AZ; Laughlin, AZ; Bullhead City, AZ; Fort Mohave, AZ; and Mohave Valley, AZ.