- 1 What county is Bad Medicine Lake in Minnesota?
- 2 What county is bad medicine in?
- 3 Is Medicine Lake MN Open?
- 4 Can you swim in Medicine Lake MN?
- 5 Can you walk around Medicine Lake?
- 6 How long is Medicine Lake MN?
- 7 What kind of fish are in Medicine Lake Minnesota?
- 8 What kind of fish are in Medicine Lake MT?
What county is Bad Medicine Lake in Minnesota?
Bad Medicine Lake is a spring-fed lake located in Forest Township in Becker County, Minnesota. It got its name from the fact that early Native Americans in the area thought that a lake with neither inlet nor outlet was a place of bad omen (“bad medicine”) and would not hunt or fish near the lake.
What county is bad medicine in?
Bad Medicine is located in Becker County, Minnesota. This lake is 803 acres in size. It is approximately 84 feet deep at its deepest point.
Is Medicine Lake MN Open?
Hours: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Can you swim in Medicine Lake MN?
About Medicine Lake The lake provides opportunities for swimming, fishing, boating, birding, and biking or walking on adjacent trails. Medicine Lake is also an important resource for wildlife.
Can you walk around Medicine Lake?
Medicine Lake Area Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Minneapolis, Minnesota that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October.
How long is Medicine Lake MN?
Medicine Lake Regional Trail offers a plethora of experiences along its nearly 16-mile length. Kicking off in the Elm Creek Park Reserve in the north, the trail cuts a swath through the Maple Grove suburb of Minneapolis, passing shady hardwood groves and reedy marsh on the way to Fish Lake.
What kind of fish are in Medicine Lake Minnesota?
- Medicine Lake (Clifton E. French Regional Park)
- Location: Plymouth, north of Hwy 55, west of Hwy 169.
- Species: Bluegill, Crappie, Northern Pike, Largemouth Bass, Walleye, Yellow Perch, Bullhead, Carp.
- Wheelchair access: Fair.
- MTC: None nearby.
- Park entrance fee: No.
- Restrooms: Yes.
- Parking: Yes.
What kind of fish are in Medicine Lake MT?
The fishing on Two Medicine Lake is very good for brook trout and rainbow trout.