- 1 What area is Lake Como in?
- 2 Why is Lake Como so famous?
- 3 What’s so special about Lake Como?
- 4 Is Lake Como expensive?
- 5 Is Como city worth visiting?
- 6 Is Como town worth visiting?
- 7 Where can I stay in Lake Como without a car?
- 8 Where do celebrities live in Lake Como?
- 9 Are there sharks in Lake Como Italy?
- 10 Can you swim in Lake Como Italy?
- 11 What is the best month to visit Lake Como?
- 12 What can you do in Lake Como for a day?
- 13 How far is Amalfi coast to Lake Como?
What area is Lake Como in?
Why is Lake Como so famous?
Lake Como has been a popular retreat for aristocrats and wealthy people since Roman times, and a very popular tourist attraction with many artistic and cultural gems. It has many villas and palaces such as Villa Olmo, Villa Serbelloni, and Villa Carlotta.
What’s so special about Lake Como?
With a maximum depth of approximately 410 meters (448 yards), Lake Como is one of the deepest lakes in Europe. Its characteristic shape, reminiscent of an inverted Y, results from the melting of glaciers combined with the erosive action of the ancient Adda river.
Is Lake Como expensive?
Re: Is Lake Como an expensive place? It does not have to be expensive, but can be if you want it to be expensive. Typically I pay abot €11 for lunch in a bar and about €15 for dinner in a trattoria for dinner in the evening (both including wine). Restaurants will be more expensive.
Is Como city worth visiting?
Pretty much everyone has heard of Lake Como – it’s one of the most popular destinations in Italy after all! With a faded veneer of old money gentility, picturesque Victorian gardens and lakeshore restaurants, Lake Como is well worth a visit – even with the hoards of tourists who flock here each summer.
Is Como town worth visiting?
Is Como worth visiting? Como city is more than worth a visit! It is the ideal starting point for day trips (towards Milan or other popular Lake Como’s towns) and is full of activities and attractions for all tastes: museums, hiking trails, beautiful churches (such as the popular Como Cathedral) and much more.
Where can I stay in Lake Como without a car?
Lake Como Hotels and Places to Stay
- Villa d’Este. View Hotel. Cernobbio, Lake Como.
- Hotel Belvedere Bellagio. View Hotel. Bellagio, Lake Como.
- Hotel La Torre. 136 Reviews.
- Hotel Regina. View Hotel.
- Agriturismo Al-Marnich. View Hotel.
- Mandarin Oriental, Lago di Como. View Hotel.
- Albergo Lenno. View Hotel.
- Royal Victoria. 651 Reviews.
Where do celebrities live in Lake Como?
5 Famed Celebrity Homes in Lake Como, Italy
- Villa Oleandra. Owner – George Clooney. Location – Laglio, Lake Como, Italy.
- Il Palagio. Owner – Sting. Location – Tuscany, Lake Como.
- Villa La Cassinella. Owner – Sir Richard Branson. Location – Tremezzo.
- Villa Le Fontanelle. Owner – Arkady Novikov.
- Studio Bellini.
Are there sharks in Lake Como Italy?
Lake Como, the third largest lake in Italy, is accompanied by Lake Lugano, and other alpine lakes. But shark attacks are extremely rare, said John Carlson, a research biologist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Fisheries Service in Panama City, Florida.
Can you swim in Lake Como Italy?
Re: Is Lake Como safe to swim in? Yes, you can swim in the lake but you have to remember that it is a lake so in parts won’t be ideal for swimming.
What is the best month to visit Lake Como?
The best time to visit is between March and November, when temperatures are warm and the sun shines the most. If you plan to visit Como Lake, there are pros and cons of each season. The weather of Como Lake in July and August is the best you can get.
What can you do in Lake Como for a day?
What to Do in Lake Como for a Day
- Porta Torre and Old City Walls.
- Como Silk Museum.
- Como-Brunate Funicular.
- Villa Olmo.
- Ristorante La Cucina di Elsa.
- Locanda Barbarossa.
How far is Amalfi coast to Lake Como?
How far is it from Amalfi Coast to Lake Como? The distance between Amalfi Coast and Lake Como is 4467 miles.